Monday, November 30, 2009

C. J. Guzman : Root Branch Profile #5


I love C. J. not only because once in a while, he puppysits our little terror (I mean... terrier) or because he's mysterious (what does the C and J stand for??) or even because he's genius color master and artist (see above), but because he's just such a nice guy. Now that I've thoroughly embarrassed him, let's see what C. J. has to say about himself.


Bio

FUNCTION: AIR COMMANDER

"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies."

Seeks to replace Megatron as leader. Ruthless, coldblooded, cruel… considers himself the most sophisticated and handsome of the Decepticons. Believes Decepticons should rely more on guile and speed rather than brute force to defeat Autobots. Fastest flyer of group, can reach Mach 2.8 and an altitude of 52 miles. Shoots cluster bombs and null-rays which disrupts flow of electricity. Very good at what he does, but sometimes overrates himself.

Um... ok. C. J. forgets to add that he has legions of fangirls and boys due to his brilliant backgrounds and color work on the Nancy Drew (girl detective) graphic novel series. He is also a veteran of the video game industry and has worked with Maverix for many years on projects for National Geographic and Scion, among others. C. J. is also on the team for the animated short-film-in-progress, Oasis.

・When did you first start to draw/create and what inspired you to do it?

I started the minute my baby hands could hold a writing tool.

・What is your favorite color and why?

Hmmm ... I really don't have one. I like bright and happy colors tho.

・What kind of music (or other aural environments) do you listen to when you work and why?

When I'm in crunch mode I will have "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" movie playing in an endless loop till my project is done.

When working on personal stuff I listen to Phantasy Star online episode 1 and 2 soundtrack..... it's quite choice!

He's a funny one, this Mr. Carlos Jose Guzman.




No comments: